YOKOHAMA MINATO MIRAI21

Yokohama St. Andrew's Church

Yokohama St. Andrew's Cathedral is the cathedral of the diocese of Yokohama. The church has a long history, and in 1863 (3rd year of Bunkyu), the ministry was started by Priest MB Bailey at 105, Yokohama Settlement. In 1885 (Meiji 18), a house was rented at the settlement No. 154 (currently Yamashita-cho), and the "Yokohama Seiyasu Tokuri Church" was organized. This is the origin of the current Church of St. Andrew in Yokohama. In 2015, a commemorative worship service was held to celebrate the 130th anniversary of the founding of the church. <Access> 5 minutes walk from Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line "Mitsuzawa-Shimomachi Station"
  • Shop/Spot name
    Yokohama St. Andrew's Church -->
  • Address
    14-57 Mitsuzawa Shimomachi, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
  • Tel
    045-321-4989

MAP

RELATED ARTICLE

  • Sail Training Ship NIPPON MARU

  • Narita-san Temple Yokohama

  • Cup noodle museum (Ando Momofuku Memorial Museum)

  • Nihon Maru Memorial Park